New Post

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Grandma Mendenhall Visits

In October my mom (Grandma Mendenhall to miss Lynners) came to visit.  We love having visitors and these past few weeks have been full of them.  On October 17th my Mom flew into Phoenix.  It was Lynlee's birthday on the 1st of October and she wanted to be here for that, but didn't have time off of work until October 17th.   We were excited that she was able to come.  I was slightly depressed we didn't have any family around to celebrate her birthday with us.  So I kinda made this a birthday weekend for Lynlee.

We went shopping, walked around downtown Scottsdale and hung out for the first couple days and then on Saturday we went to the zoo.  I LOVE the zoo.  Anyone who knows me knows that it is an obsession I have.  I am trying to pass on the love I have for the zoo to Lynlee.  I forgot my camara so I didn't get very many pictures.  I got a couple off of my mom's camara so here are some pictures.

Getting used to having Grandma around. She used to cry everytime I left her, but she was being so good for Grandma and would even let Grandma hold her :)

Being shy.

Last time we went to the zoo this same monkey posed for pictures.

She Loved the petting zoo area.

I wish I got her face she had a really cheesy smile.


We got another picture, but it was blurry.  Lynlee was getting tired and grumpy.

We got two great family pictures when she came.  I like this one because it shows we live in the desert. The zebra in the background is just an added bonus.

So this was taken the morning before my mom left.  I had just rolled out of bed.  I put on a shirt and got Lynlee dressed. Matt was all ready because he was leaving for work. I would put the picture on that shows all our bodies, but then you would see the shorts I sleep in haha something I will spare you all.

My mom flew out on October 22nd.  It was really nice to have her here.  Made me a little sad that we don't live close.  I want to live close someday so that Lynlee will grow up knowing her grandparents.  Right now we are experiencing life just as our little family :)  We will end up back close to family :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment