New Post

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

Ever since I was little Easter has been one of my favorite Holiday's I don't know why.  It isn't because of the basket and candy.  I think it is because it was one of the holidays that my immediate family stayed together all weekend.  Also we always got together with my dad's extended family on Saturday at a place called West Mountain in Utah county.  That was one of my favorite places to go.

Anyways,  I was thinking about the first Easter Matt and I shared together.  It was the day that he proposed to me.  He had hidden a bunch of eggs around my parents yard (we currently were in college and visiting family for the holiday) with lines from our songs written on them.  I half expected this was how he was going to ask me to marry him.  After I had opened all of the eggs and taken out the candy I was disappointed and then I looked up at him and he handed me the last biggest egg.  Sure enough at that point he got down on one knee and asked me for my hand.  Another reason to make this holiday a special one for us.

So I want Lynlee and our future kids to enjoy this holiday.  Hopefully it will because of the Savior and the time we spend as a family.

This year is the first year that Lynlee was able to participate in an Easter Egg hunt.  Our ward put together a really simple breakfast and egg hunt.  I didn't get a picture, but she was really good about picking up the eggs and putting them in her basket.  I did get a picture of her with basket when we got home.  For Easter day I bought her a new Easter dress (one of my favorite traditions) and got some simple things.

The Sun was bright so she squinted her eyes haha :)  Eggs from the ward.

Her Easter basket.

I used the same basket and didn't do grass, but she loved opening eggs.  Seriously she is one tan baby.

Her Easter Dress.  

Not being in Utah wasn't as hard this year because I know that we will be moving back there soon enough.  Our home teacher family invited us over for their family dinner. Thank You Niec family :)  It was really nice to meet their family.

I am really grateful for this time of year to remember the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment