New Post

Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

A little update

Okay so I have been MIA lately, but for good reason.  Matt accepted a job with American Standard Energy a small oil investment company in Scottsdale, AZ and we moved right away.  When we got here we had to wait forever for the internet people to set up the internet.  Anyways, we finally have it and I can catch you all up a little.

Since we moved to Phoenix on short notice we are living in an apartment short term while we do the house search thing.  I am excited this time around because I know what I like and don't like.  So currently we reside in North Phoenix and the apartment we are in is really nice.  We feel really blessed to have landed such a nice place.  These past couple months have been filled with blessings and all I can say is how grateful we are.  One of those blessings is selling our house so quickly.  We decided to do a for sale by owner and within a month we had a buyer and we close on May 8th and with only living in the house for 1 1/2 we are making money on it.  Can you believe it.  Within that time Matt found a job and we found an apartment to live in.  Everything has gone smoothly.  God truly has a hand in our life right now and I can't deny it.

We love the new ward we are attending.  The first Sunday we went the Relief Society reached out to me and made me feel really welcome (first time in any ward that I have attended that has happened).  There is only one other family (about our age with two little kids one is a month younger than Lynlee), and he is in the bishopric, in our complex that is LDS so that is pretty crazy.  We are hoping to run into a good missionary experience.  

Matt is really enjoying his new job.  He was really busy at first because the company is getting ready to send in their Q.  Such great experience for him to be busy right away and feel needed.  I think he was a little overwhelmed sometimes because he was asked to do things he hadn't really done in a job setting (he understood the concept, but never applied it to real life yet).  He is looking forward to what he can contribute to the company.

Miss Lynlee turned 7 months (I will get pictures up soon I promise).  A couple days ago I noticed her gums were a little swollen and I got so excited because I knew that most likely meant teeth.  This morning when we were hanging out I put my finger on her gums to see if anything had come through and sure enough our little girl is cutting her first teeth.  Best part is that she handles it really well.  She didn't have a fever or diarrhea just the classic drooling (that went on for MONTHS) and chewing things. She is growing up fast.  She is a little slow at crawling, but rolls EVERYWHERE.  She has started doing an army crawl though so I assume she will pick that up soon enough.  She babbles like crazy and I LOVE it.  Her favorite babble is dada.  She laughs every time I try to get her to say mama (someday :/ ).  She is really smart (watching her play with her toys is where it really shows).  Such a social baby.  Just loves being around people and laughing and smiling at them.  She LOVES being the center of attention. I could go on about her forever, but I will save that for another post.

Sorry this is a no picture post, but I just wanted to let the world know that we are alive and doing well.  We are excited to find a new place and get settled into the area.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment