New Post

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Last Year in Review

2011 has come and gone and the new year has begun.  So here is a what happened to the Shelton family this past year

January - We found out that we were expecting our little bundle of joy Lynlee.

February - We had the first ultrasound to confirm that we were expecting.  That appointment was on Valentines Day what a better way to celebrate love than to find out that more love was to come into our lives.
 
March - I quit my job that I didn't like very much to focus growing a healthy baby.

April - Easter was special this year.  Our niece Eliza got baptized and Matt's parents came to visit and my mom, sister Elyse and brother Bryan came to visit too and we did our very first hike up Mt. Graham.

May - We celebrated our one year living in Arizona. We had a gender ultrasound, but found out that we had a stubborn baby who would not show us the goods.

June - We found out officially that we were having a little girl.  We had a blast at the Shelton Reunion in Oceanside, CA.  We went to Disneyland, SeaWorld and the beach. I turned 24. Also visited our good friend Jocelyn.

July - Mistie asked me randomly to go to Utah for two weeks.  I was more than excited to escape the Arizona heat and visit my family (I was getting homesick).  My sister-in-law Melissa and my Mom threw me an impromptu Baby Shower.  We also celebrated our 2 year anniversary.

August - Nothing new or exciting really happened this month just preparing for our little girl to arrive.

September - Due date month.  So this was the month Lynlee was supposed to be born, but she decided to come a week late.

October - The very first day of October we welcomed our little girl into the world.  She was born on conference weekend so we like to call her our holy baby sometimes.  We had a Halloween party with some friends and met some new people who just moved into the neighborhood.

November - Lynlee was blessed on the 5th and it was an exciting time for us.  We decided to do it in our small Spanish Branch we have been serving in despite the invites from the grandparents to do it in their wards up in Utah so that more family could come.  Well, my family made it down to the blessing.  Matt turned 27.  His parents came down for Thanksgiving which I hosted this year.  We put in a sprinkler system in our backyard.  I had ear surgery for the hole that I have had in my ear for the past 2 years still don't know if the surgery worked, but will find out later this month.

December - Lynlee took her first big trip.  She flew on an airplane and did really well and drove all the way back from Utah to Arizona and did really well also.  We spent Christmas with Matt's family and the other days surrounding the holiday with my family.

This year has been an exciting one for us and we are excited for this next year.  Even though it is supposed to be the end of the world.  We are excited for our little to grow and learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment