New Post

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spontaneous trip

Two weeks ago my sister-in-law decided she wanted to go to Utah for a couple of weeks with the kids and asked if I would like to go with her.  I of course said yes.  Since moving to arizona I have been a little homesick for Utah. 

Well, this trip was fun I got to suprise my dad, who hasn't seen me since christmas or seen me pregnant.  His reaction was my very favorite part he just couldn't believe that I was there.  He kept asking how I got there it was great.  It was fun to chill with them and have nothing planned and just live day by day without the stress of having things planned.  It was a truly needed vacation on my part.

While there my mom offered to throw me a baby shower, which was a wonderful time. We got a bunch of much needed things, so now I don't feel so overwhelmed perparing to have a baby.  Also I was able to see a bunch of people that I have not seen in such a long time.  Also while there it happened to be the Francis family reunion (my dad's mom's family).  I haven't seen that side of the family in forever so it was really nice to be around them.    

Something else that happened while I was there was that I got to see my newest little nephew Ryker Lee.  He was born in january this year and I was stoked to see the little guy.  He is adorable and I wished I could see him and play with him all the time.  I made me a little more excited for our little girl to get here.

Ryker Lee my adorable little nephew

My favorite part about being there was just being with my family I forgot how nice it is to live close to family (including aunts, uncles, and cousins).  It was nice to just hop in the car and go shopping and not have to drive an 1 1/2 hours to do that.  Also I loved seeing green everywhere around me.  Utah has had a really wet year and that made it really fun to see nature not dead and dying. 

On my last night there my sister elyse and I decided to go see a couple of things before I left the next morning.  We went to Artic Circle (something they don't have in AZ) for shake, went to see the house that is built like the house on the disney movie "Up" (it was 2 minutes up the road from my parents house), and then we were going to head and take a walk around the lake in Daybreak (such an awesome community right next to my parents neighborhood).  When we got to the lake we ran into a car show which was really cool.  I took a bunch of pictures on the phone and sent them to matt.  Matt loves cars and one day wants to restore one so I remembered some of his favorites and sent him picutres.  We never made it to the lake, because we got to see a bunch of cool restored old cars. 

The "Up" house.  They added a garage, but the house looks just like the one in the movie.
 I had such a great time in Utah that is was really hard for me to leave again.  Someday we will move back closer so that our baby will have a close relationship with her cousins just like I do with mine.  Fortunately we came back to great weather.  The monsoons started while we were gone and living in AZ during the summer is great when it rains and cools things down. Also I was beyond excited to see Matt I missed seeing his face everyday and waking up next to him in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment