New Post

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

What to do?

So once we found out the gender of our little girl (still going to confirm at the next appointment) I have been thinking about her nursery and what to do to make it fun and girlie.  I have decided to use the disney fairy theme because I have colored a bunch of pictures of all the different faries in pixie hollow.  I got the coloring book at walmart while in college when I didn't have anything to do.  I since then have come to really like the idea of faries and the magic and imagination that it brings to our lives.  What better way to have our little girl start with an imagination that anything is possible.

So I have bought picture frames to put these pictures up on the wall and I am excited.  I am running into the dilemma of what color to paint the walls.  I have to choose a color that isn't too crazy because we do plan to move within the next couple of years.  I was thinking maybe a pastel green or a pastel yellow, but might end up just painting it a cream color.  I plan on using a purple bedding so I think I will use green, but haven't decided.  We shall see.  I found some really cute wall decals that I think that I want to use with sayings such as "I believe in fairies" and "Kick up the pixie dust."  Also something I have always wanted to do in my babies room is to hang her name up on the wall with the cute wooden letters. 

I am excited to get crafty with this project the trouble is that I keep switching between names.  First we wanted to use Reyna, because it is beautiful, but also it means queen in spanish and since matt and I have been married we have been involved with the mexican culture.  So giving her a spanish name seems to fit and would be unique.  That changed though when they told us we are having a girl.  I changed my mind to a name I choose when I was younger, Lynlee.  It comes from combining both of my grandpa's first names.  I wanted a name to have more meaning, but it changes everyday.  I will let you all know when we (I) settle on a name.

I am having so much fun planning, but stress is starting to creep in.  I hope that we will have all of the necessities when she is born.  I am overjoyed with this new little life growing inside of me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nikki this is Brittany Hoggan. I don't know if you know this but Mike and I just had a little boy about two weeks ago. I have quickly become an expert on what is a necessity to have before the baby is born and what is not. If you want me to share some advice with you, email me at mike.and.brit@gmail.com. This whole thing is very overwhelming and I would love to share what I have learned the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete